Oktoberfest is one of the largest festivals in the world, but how did Oktoberfest come to be? Believe it or not… it started with a Royal wedding. It was the wedding of King Ludwig I, and Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen that sparked the initiation of the festival. The citizens of Munich were invited to attend the royal event which was held on the fields in front of the city gates. The fields were named Theresienwiese (“Theresa’s fields”) in honour of the Princess. Today, it has since been abbreviated to the “Wies’n”. To read more about the history of the event, click here. If you would like to attend Klugo’s 6th annual Oktoberfest event please register your place here.
News and articles
- Cloud-based ERP system designed for field service operations
- ERP software: why security and surveillance businesses need to know about it
- Solar Businesses: Improve Productivity with Digital Transformation
- Technological Innovations in the HVAC Industry
- Are Toxic KPIs Damaging Your Team’s Performance?